Friday, June 24, 2005

It's me again, and I know it's been awhile.

Go figure, I'm probably the only chef on the web not posting recipes. The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision today that the government may sieze private property for any cranked up reason it can manufacture. The only advice I can offer you during these trying times is when it comes election time to ask your candidates what they plan to do about this. State legislature can still respond to this problem and put a cap on it before it gets out of control. Since most elected official are probably already in somebody's pocket, I'm sure it's an uphill battle but if our reps know this is a dealbreaker, who knows they may avtually get off their ass and do something. The other bit of advice I have is if you plan on buying, building, or renovating a home, don't do it. Since the government can now excercise eminent domain on mere whim, private property has no intrinsic value. Therefore, you will only get a diminsihed return if you happen to live in an area potentially attractive to any private developer.

This assasination of the Fifth Amendment only strengthens the Second. They can have my land when they remove my cold, bullet-ridden, dead body from it. Remember Ruby Ridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home